Pages

2.13.2012

If you were to visit us in the winter...

We would take you on a few hikes on the coast (make sure to bring your hiking shoes... it will be muddy)

We would share several cups of tea at the Pied Cow, or coffee at Stumptown. 

We would go snowshoeing around Mt. Hood... $13 for a day of fun.


We would escape to Seattle, or maybe Canada (I have yet to go... soon, I hope).

We would watch sunsets on the coast, and run on the rocky shore to escape high tide. Hannah K can tell you all about this. :)


I'll be honest, Heath and I don't do a lot of exciting things during the winter. It's usually cold (40-50), rainy, and mildly windy. Winter activities are a little out of our price range, and we don't own chains for the car. 

Most of the farmer's markets are closed January through March, and the Saturday Market is the same. 

But, this allows for soooo much more quality time with us!!! We (meaning I) love a good coffee shop. Exploring Powells is the best. Breweries are plentiful and provide great samplers. You can walk around with us in the rain... without umbrellas. That's right, no umbrellas


There's plenty of good food. We have great friends. We enjoy card games, puzzles, having fun. 

Have I sold you yet? 


We also enjoy exploring coastal towns. Like Canon Beach... home to Haystack Rock, which can be seen in the opening scene of The Goonies.


We would have a lot of fun. I can promise you that.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Done. We're coming back. I will tumble and stumble and fall over those rocks, running for my dear life all over again, if it means I get some Katie time!! Plus, Portland is just neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin21.2.12

    i want to come!!! Love you and miss u katie!

    ReplyDelete