Pages

4.22.2010

Franklin

Every time I visit, I am reminded how much I miss this place....


And these people.


Texas is great and all, but there's something special about Tennessee. Perhaps it's the tall green trees, and my dear friends who I only see about twice a year now. (I need to start writing more letters; I also love receiving snail mail, hint hint). smile. Being in Tennessee makes my heart happy, and I'm glad we were able to visit, even if it was for only three days. Here are some pictures from this weekend.... enjoy!


Each time we visit grandmom and granddaddy Daniels, I learn something. Granddad still has his playful sense of humor, and grandmom always shows her abundant love and hospitality. Thanksgiving better come quick!


We walked around downtown Franklin with mom. She treated us to Starbucks, and bought us an Oregon handtowel :) Heath and I ate dinner at the Mellow Mushroom. . . if you have not eaten there, you should go. Great atmosphere and wonderful pizza!

On Saturday morning, we went to the Farmer's Market. One of my favorite things to do while I'm home.


We bought fresh kettle corn.....


This guy enjoyed it a little too much. smile! He walked around the entire place like this.


We ate lunch with Aunt Lynn at Wild Ginger. It was great to see you, Aunt Lynn! You and Heather better come visit us in Portland... I'm counting on it! (Order the Firecracker; it's a sushi dish with salmon. By far my favorite dish I've had in a while. The Skittle salad is great as well. Andrea: you and Andrew should to eat there... tonight!)


Saturday night, my sweet friend married her best friend.


Katie looked beautiful and I'm so glad we were able to be there. God is so good, and I know he will bless Katie and Robert in their new life together. Congrats, friend!

Heath and I enjoyed getting dressed up. . .



And, we got to see Julie!!!! Sorry we didnt' have more time, friend. Guess you'll just have to come out to Portland!

We also visited with Grandmom and Granddad Morrison. I forgot to take a picture, so we'll just have to wait until California at Em's reception. It was great to see them all settled in their house!

If you were wondering, not only has my plant not died. . .


there's another bud on it's way! Guess I'm doing something right.

2 comments:

  1. Katie,

    I love Tennessee, too! That one trip got me hooked ;-) It's beautiful. When are you and Heath moving again? I think we might be coming up on June 12th for Marshall and Justina's weddding; would be nice to see you!

    Love you, friend. So glad that you have a blog! I am updating ours right now. Check it out later tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I got you hooked, Han! Heath and I are moving on June 19, so we'll definitely still be here for the wedding. If you guys need a place to stay for the night, you are more than welcome here! (We have a sofa bed)

    Love your blog friend. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete