Pages

7.14.2010

Hello there.

Sorry I've been absent from blogging lately, but we've been a little busy. This one will be short since Heath and I are about to go on a hike around Mt. Hood, but I'll try to post more tonight... MANY pictures to come. The past three weeks have been very surreal and I still feel like I'm on a great vacation. We finally started hanging up picture frames and things are starting to find their home, but it still doesn't feel like home... I have a feeling it will soon though. :)

Since Heath doesn't start school until the end of August, we mutually agreed that it would be great if I didn't find a job yet, assuming we will not have free-time like this for a while. So, I've been casually looking, but will hit the ground running in the job search area mid-August. Many of our new friends have been very helpful in connecting me with Social Work leads and organizations, and I start volunteering at a children's shelter tomorrow. I'm excited to start a routine and VERY anxious to start makin' the money.

In an attempt to catch you up very quickly, here is a brief recap of our adventures so far... again, I will be posting pictures soon!
-35 hours driving time cross country with my two favorite guys
-hiking Latourell Falls in the Columbia Gorge
-attended Timbers game... 17,000 crazy soccer fans chanting and setting off smoke bombs... can't wait to go back!
-watching the Bachelorette. I know... it's a guilty pleasure.
-first Sunday church experience: Southwest Church of Christ. Great people, excited to visit them again. The group went out for lunch at a BBQ place!
-vintage shopping in Hawthorne
-started a yoyo quilt! Met some very interesting ladies at the vintage fabric store... I'm excited about this project!
-grocery shopping at Winco and Trader Joe's
-dock party on the Willamette River
-farmer's market!
-visited the test Rose Garden... over 550 different types of roses! Smelled great :)
-second Sunday church experience: Westside Church of Christ. Felt welcomed and loved very quickly. It's a small church, so it seems like we know everyone already!
-spent the 4th with new friends and watched fireworks around a lake. It was wonderful and cold.
-Spent the past week in Santa Cruz for Emmy's reception. We drove the 101 down the Oregon and California coast... SO FUN! The Oregon coastline is beautiful, we drove through a herd of elk, and we walked through the red woods!!! We also visited San Francisco, twice.
-found a vintage dress and a bright yellow plant stand at the Santa Cruz flea market. more to come on this later
-working on moving cards... you should be receiving yours very soon!

All in all, Oregon has treated us very well. Mira's friends, our new friends :), have treated us so well! It's like we've known them for years and have just moved back from college or something. They are wonderful. I'll be posting regularly now! Expect lots of pictures, recipes, and updates. love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment