Pages

7.23.2010

What a GREAT day

Hello friends. Though I don't have that many pretty pictures from yesterday to share with you, I would love to tell you about it!

After my bike incident, I haven't had the desire to hobble around the city. We also took my bike to a bike shop in downtown Portland on Sunday, so we've been less mobile than before. It's been relaxing and I've done lots of crafting :), but I could tell Heath was ready to get out and explore.... So yesterday, we did.
Our first stop was Washington Park in downtown. Heath packed us a lunch for a lovely picnic.

picnic

We love Honey BBQ flavored Fritos. Yum

chips

Our walk took us through the Washington Park test rose garden. This was our third time to visit the roses... I must say, if you want to visit when all of the roses are in full bloom, come in June! They are still beautiful now though, and they smell great.

rose

Our trail was shaded for most of the walk. I think I've been spoiled by the weather already. For our first month here, we've had highs in the mid-70's and lows in the 50's... Perfect, in my opinion, for summer. But, the last couple days have reached mid-80's and it feels like a heat wave!

trail

Okay, let me explain. On most of our walks and hikes, I've brought the camera along. This means, if I see a pretty flower, tree, blade of grass :).... I stop. So, Heath has started walking ahead on the trails. I find him hiding behind things with this mischievous face. Luckily he hasn't jumped out at me, atleast not yet.

heath hiding

After our walk, we headed to some bowling lanes in Beaverton. We had a Groupon to these bowling lanes, so it was a cheap afternoon date; I'll post more about Groupon another day! I learned several things at the alley: 1) Bumpers are a must when I play... the majority of my shots ended up in the gutter. 2) Heath has an actual bowling stance. 3) Arcade games are a lot more fun than I remember.

Our final stop for the day was Southwest Church of Christ. We met a small group of ACU Alumni that are living the greater Portland area. Heath and I had fun making connections and learning more about what this beautiful area has to offer. By far, my favorite part of the day was eating HAROLD's BBQ!!!! (The group from Abilene had packed the BBQ in dry ice.) When they announced we would be eating Harold's bbq for dinner, I almost cried. It was a wonderful meal, shared with new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment