Pages

8.06.2010

Life as of Late

Hello all. It's been a while! This past week has been fairly busy, and I have been a bit exhausted. I think it's somewhat due to our heat-wave here.... yesterday, we hit a high of 86! I know, I know. Tennessee and Texas have been close to 100 lately, but I'm to (and very much prefer) the cooler weather. My "perfect" temperature is 68-75. :)

Anyhow, I am now faced with the past 15 days of activities, and I have no idea how to share it all with you. So, I'll just choose my favorites.

First up... We conquered the Lookout Mountain hike! (Remember that one time we failed miserably on our first hike? Well, we tried the hike again; only this time, we drove our car up the majority of the mountain, and only had to scale 1500 feet. It was great!) Along our hike, we played in the snow...

snow

On the summit, we could see 7 mountain ranges. Adams, Rainer, St. Helens, Jefferson, Three Sisters, Diamond Peak, and Mt. Hood, which was only 7 miles from us.

Mt

And, Heath stood somewhere where I will never stand... This terrified me, it made for a good picture though.

Lookout Mountain

After this hike, we headed ten miles down the road to Tamanawas Falls. This has been my favorite thing so far! Hiking next to the spring provided a cool, refreshing walk, and the falls turned out to be sooo much better than expected.

Tamanawas Falls

(I'm glad my camera has a self-timer.) I also came across the largest dandelion ever! It made me happy.

Dandelion

On wednesday, our family came in for a visit! It was wonderful. I think Heath had been anticipating their arrival for weeks. :) We went to the Saturday Market, walked around downtown, ate from a food cart, visited the local farmers markets, and shared our church with them. It sure felt nice to share our home with family.

Newton Fam

We also visited the Washington Park Rose Garden, of course!

rose garden

Rose garden 2

And we finally visited Canon Beach! As you can tell from my over-exposed picture, it was very sunny thankfully.... recently, the coast has had temperatures in the low 60s, so we went on a great day.

canon beach

We've visited several farmers markets in the last month, and I have grown increasingly anxious to buy a bouquet of flowers. Well, Saturday was my lucky day! While visiting PSU's market, I purchased these beauties. Aren't they lovely?

flowers

Last but not least, I wanted to add a sneak peak of our apartment. This is my favorite wall, found right above my craft/sewing desk. I'll try to post the rest of the apartment soon.

favorite walls

Though I do not have a picture to show for it, I watched a top-notch 80's movie on top of the Hotel Delux in downtown! Had a lot of fun with new girlfriends who have been so welcoming and nice to us. It was wonderful.

Sorry for the long post! Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of posting weekly...

Hope you have a lovely, relaxing weekend

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I have thought about you two a lot today. I hope your anniversary was beautiful and memorable. I am JEALOUS of your new lifestyle! Man! Hiking so often and all of those farmer's markets.... HEAVEN! Keep posting pictures of your new place; I'm so curious!

    Love you, sweet friend :-)

    ReplyDelete