Pages

1.18.2011

Home for the Holidays: Part 1

Heath and I were lucky enough to spend a full week at my parent's house for Thanksgiving. A trip down south was greatly appreciated, and I was blessed to land my nanny job the day we left for Franklin. What are the odds? It was a wonderful trip, filled with good eats, time with family and friends, and memorable sight-seeing as always.

Much to my dismay, Heath and I decided not to purchase a christmas tree this year, or put up Christmas decorations for that matter. Being gone the week of Thanksgiving, then spending three weeks in Texas, our tree would be dead and sorry looking by the time we got back. I was sad about this, but there's always next year. My parents had quite a pretty tree to admire though....

TN 2

While we were in town, we celebrated Christmas with my family as well. It was a treat to have Christmas 1 month early! :) Thanks mom and dad!

We were also lavishly treated in the food department. Oh my goodness, I don't think we've eaten that good in a while. It was mildly depressing when we came home to vegetable plates and pasta dishes. If you live in Franklin, please go eat at Wild Ginger for me!!! I'm begging you.... get the Skittle salad and the Firecracker sushi. Then call me and tell me how good it was. I want someone to enjoy it if I can't. SO GOOD.

TN 1

We spent Thanksgiving with grandmom and granddad Daniels, along with mom's side. We took lots of pictures, and cherished our time with granddaddy.

TN 5

Heather and Matt with their puppies.

TN 6

Neal with his new puppy, Chevy.

TN 4

Family picture....

TN 3

So, if you've never been to downtown Franklin, you should stop what you're doing and just go now. Walking down Main St. continues to be one of my favorite things to do while I'm home. The stores have changed overtime, but the buildings have so much character and it reminds me so much of my childhood. I liked this store window... it reminded me of Anthro.

TN7

While visiting downtown Franklin, you can treat yourself to a some Sweet CeCe's. It's soooooo yummy!

TN 8

We were lucky enough to see gmom and gdad twice while we were in town. We spent a day with them alone right before we left. Granddad was much more talkative this day with out so many people around. We shared lots of laughs and special moments together. And took this wonderful picture...

TN 10

On one of the non-rainy days (yes, the rain followed us from Oregon), mom took Heath and I to Radner Lake in Brentwood. I loved taking pictures and enjoyed the sunny sky. It was a good day.

TN 9

Though I was not able to see everyone I wanted (there's always next year :), it was a great trip, filled with nice memories and lots of love. We love our Tennessee family. Thank you for treating us so well.

3 comments:

  1. Kristin Anderson2.2.11

    i love his blog katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin Anderson2.2.11

    this**** :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wild Ginger and Sweet CeCe's! Sweet CeCe's just opened up a location in Cool Springs recently (so did Pinkberry!). Wild Ginger definitely has the best sushi in Franklin and sushi is half off every Sunday and the Skittle salad is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete