Pages

1.28.2011

Is there a positive side?

So this week has been pretty hard. Terrible, in fact. And I've found myself wishing that this week had never happened so things could just be normal. But that can't happen, and in retrospect, I'm glad about this.

You see, even through the most difficult of times, God still blesses us with lots of positives. I'm really happy I'm beginning to see those.

1. I've been blessed to see several beautiful sunrises this week, which seems a bit abnormal for this time of year.... I guess they always happen, but there's usually thick layers of fog blocking my view.

sunrise

2. I treated myself to two carmel frappuccinos from Starbucks this week. Mmmm, such a treat. (I knew all that change in my change-purse would be put to good use.)

3. After doing 4 loads of the kids laundry at work yesterday, I dreaded coming home to do ours. When I arrived, I found all my clothes neatly folded on the bed, and the laundry hamper empty. Thank you, Heath. You have no idea how much I appreciate your help. (oh, and he did the dishes. :)

4. This week has brought an overwhelming presence of love from my past and present friends and family. It's so nice to receive these texts, emails, and phone calls. What a blessing to know how much we are loved and cared for.

5. Mt. Hood has been hiding for a while, but I've seen her 3 times this week from the barge. What a beautiful sight.

mt

6. The kids decided not to take naps yesterday. (Why, oh Why?!? No, that is definitely not the positive.) I think Shirley (their mom) noticed my stress levels were high, so yesterday afternoon we did something abnormal. We danced around the kitchen and made chocolate iced cupcakes. It was magic. And, we each got our own spatula to lick at the end. Tristan got the whole bowl and paddle... I'm glad I wasn't there to put him to bed :)

tristan

7. Last Thursday, I used my JoAnn's coupons and bought supplies for watercolor painting. I was debating on whether or not to keep the set... I'm glad I did. It's provided a good outlet for me this week. You should try it...

8. I'm finally starting to feel comfortable in my job. I didn't think nannying was beneath me, I just never expected to be doing something like this. My full-time job is being a mom to these two kiddos, and you know what? I'm pretty darn good at it. I love taking care of them and receiving their sweet hugs and kisses each day. I am so thankful for this family.

john deere

I'm sure there are other positives, but I just started to allow myself to see them. Give me a few more days, and I'm sure I'll come up with some more.

I love you all. Thank you for reading.

Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:5

No comments:

Post a Comment