Pages

10.01.2010

I'm Still Here

Hello friends.

I never meant to leave for so long. Sorry about that. I just wanted to pop in really quick to say that I am going to post some pictures tonight. Heath and I are about to leave for a hike so I don't think he would appreciate me writing for another hour. :)

Lately, I have been in job search mode. It works best for me to search and apply to lots of listings in the morning/early afternoon. Then, I give myself a break to clean, craft, ect in the afternoons and at night. I have started applying for receptionist/secretarial work... basically all entry level social workers up here are bilingual or have their masters, thus I do not qualify for most of the positions. Do not fear, I have not given up on social work forever, I'm just ready to start some income around here.

Other than a job searcher, I am a cook and a baker of many delightful things, grocery shopper, and Etsy shop creator/manager/owner. I'm so glad I set up an Etsy shop; I now have a license to create things that I wouldn't have necessarily done before. And it doesn't hurt that you make a little money. I think my new thing is embroidery! The other night, I taught myself the stem, silk, and back stitches. Exciting, I know.

Coming soon...
-My all natural deodorant recipe and review
-recipes for tomato basil soup and raspberry cream cupcakes
-pictures from mom's visit (a month late)
-pictures from our hikes to Mt. St. Helens (two times) and other times to Mt. Hood
-pictures of our house!
-My random Portland list

That's all for now. We're off to enjoy beautiful fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment