Pages

5.21.2010

Mail...

After purchasing my camera Sunday night, I have been anxiously awaiting its arrival. This afternoon, one could only imagine how elated I was to see this package waiting for me on my doorstep. I was so happy about it I even took a picture...


While overcome with joy and excitement, I snatched my box up quickly and ran inside, later realizing that I had left my keys in the door. This I apparently deemed worthy of a picture as well. (I was excited, can't you tell?!?)


I wanted to share this moment with Heath, so I waited five, whole, long minutes to open the box. I thought about writing a blog about my new camera... posting pictures of the pretty red flowers in my backyard, and what I cooked for dinner. As Heath opened the door, I began to tear open the box, and saw this...


A crazy antenna. Heath bought this for us to use in Portland so we don't have to pay for cable. Heath thought this was hilarious. I did not. Now it kind of is, but not then. :) My impatience has now set in... I just can't wait!

In other news, my time with Communities In Schools will be complete on June 2nd. I have been so blessed through working with these students, and it will be hard to leave, knowing that I mostly likely will never see any of them again. We have been planning an end of the year party for both of my middle school campuses, and I volunteered to make all of the desserts... yeah, I'm not quite sure what I was thinking.


I borrowed several 13x9 pans and raided Walmart's shopping aisles, and quickly decided to make brownies and Rice Krispie treats. 2am, 4 pans of Rice Krispies, 4 pans of brownies and 2 more about to come out of the oven. Hope the kiddos enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha..... oh Katie! Tell Heath that is NOT funny! I was getting really excited for you, too! Blah, oh well. Be sure and let us know when it comes in! I am planning on writing a blog on our last adventure in the next couple of days, so keep an eye out!

    Blessings, friend :-)

    ReplyDelete