Pages

5.17.2010

Project Complete

... and it only took one year. I feel very accomplished today; I finished the project that has been on my brain for over a year, and it's great. For months, I have been collecting the magazine inserts from thousands (literally) of magazines. Most of them were recovered at Pawpaw and granny's house only because they own every issue ever printed of Taste of Home and National Geographic. smile. I wanted to make an address file, and figured reusing the magazine inserts would give it a unique flare. Here they are:



I'm planning on starting my Etsy shop a week or so after we settle into our new home, and these will be my first listing. I've been thinking about starting a shop for a while now, so I'm excited to actually follow through on the idea. If the items don't sell, you might just be the recipient of one on your birthday or for Christmas. :)

This weekend has been great. Heath and I have relaxed, enjoyed time spent with friends, and spent several hours watching Seasons 2 & 3 of The Office. Packed several boxes today. (For some strange reason, I've really enjoyed packing and getting rid of things lately. I'm sure my attitude about this will change in the next week or so.) Heath and I ate at Sharron's BBQ tonight, and it was incredible. I hadn't realized how much I had been craving BBQ... I will be eating there at least another 4 times before we leave! And, last but certainly not least, I will soon be the proud owner of a Canon Rebel XSi!!! We purchased it online Saturday evening, and it should arrive on my doorstep sometime this week. I am SO thrilled to be able to take "artsy" pictures again. I'll let you know when it comes in!

Happy Monday to you, my friend. Hope this day treats you well

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I feel inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, they turned out wonderfully!! I may need to uh..... be the first one to buy??

    Thanks for posting sweet picture of Scott and I on your last blog! I am SOOOO excited that you are getting a NEW CAMERA!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I'm glad you like them Han! They turned out just like I wanted them to... now I just need more magazine inserts! you have any you can pass my way?!?

    ReplyDelete