Pages

5.04.2010

Portland


Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Heath and I went on a little adventure. Heath, Theresa (my mother-in-law), Mira (a Newton-family friend), and I packed our bags and headed out to the Northwest early Wednesday morning. Mira lived in Portland for twelve years or so, so it was very helpful to have her as our guide! Boy, did we have fun. smile.

I decided to post the following pictures to give you just a glimpse of what you will surely see in person.... right?!?!

The flowers and trees in the Portland area are beautiful!!! I wanted to take pictures of every single rhododendron and tulip I could find... they seemed to be four times the size of any I've ever seen. Must be the rain.


The Rose Garden in Washington Park. Though there were hardly any roses in bloom, this garden was quite impressive to view, and it made me really excited to visit back in June. (Many rose pictures to come!)


We learned that you must be prepared for rain at all times, hence our hooded jackets. It never rained like it does in the south, just drizzled... a lot. And even hailed on us a few times. I think Heath and I might suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) while living up there... sunny days seem to be few and far between there. That's why we are moving in the summer!!!


When you come to visit, I'll have a bouquet of those waiting for you. Guaranteed. Now, won't that be lovely!


Multnomah Falls. One of the most majestic places I have visited. Pictures just don't do it justice.




Last but not least, we found our apartment! It's settled in a great location, just steps (literally) away from the MAX station. We'll also have two bedrooms so our lovely friends and family can come to visit! Can't wait to cook lots of salmon and start my garden.

3 comments:

  1. Katie, it looks beautiful there! The gardens and falls look amazing. I'm so happy for you two finding your place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    How exciting! Yes, it does rain a lot up there, but you will find ways to keep in good spirits! (e.g. crafting, looking at gorgeous flowers all of the time!)

    We will DEFINITELY be making a trip up there, especially now that we know someone ;-)

    Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie Buckel6.5.10

    Hannah, I'll make the trip with you if Scott can't get away!! :)

    ReplyDelete