Pages

6.15.2010

Missing Family

This week, the Morrison family is spending a wonderful week in Oglebay, West Virginia, and I miss them. Not everyone was able to make it this year, which in reality will probably start becoming the norm. So sad, but true. This is my second time to miss; once several years ago because Heath and I were living in the Bronx, and this year because it's the week of the big move!

I miss working on puzzles, sitting on the porch for hours, laughing together, playing miniature golf, eating frozen lemonade while playing on the paddle boats, swimming in the indoor pool, and relaxing in the hot tub. I miss visiting the Christmas shop, the zoo, and taking pictures of the beautiful scenery... guess I'll have to wait until next year. Hope we can make it then. Since I'm in a reminiscent mood, here are some pictures from the last few years.

This picture was taken several years ago.... All the grand kids are present; if you must know, I am now the shortest in my family. You'd think I'd have someone beat at 5'3. Nope.








Last year, Heath was able to come with me to the cabin for the first time. Someone thought it would be great to greet Heath for the first time with everyone wearing a pair of these teeth. :) I also received a lovely pair of teeth in my honeymoon bag...


All of us at our rehearsal dinner, minus Joe.


My family. I love you, and I'm so glad to see you all soon in California! Emmy's wedding reception will be in Santa Cruz in just a few weeks from now. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I am missing the cabin HARDCORE this week as well. This is my third year in a row of missing it. Stupid med school.

    Can't wait to see you guys in Santa Cruz! I'm so thankful ya'll are driving down in the midst of all the upheaval in your life. It means so much...

    love you..
    Em

    ReplyDelete