Pages

6.08.2010

Recipe: Italian Ice

The past couple days in Abilene have been a little hot... actually unbearably hot. Yesterday, I woke up with Heath at 6:30 to take him to work (we are sharing a car now). When we stepped into the kitchen, the thermometer read 84 degrees.... INSIDE. These window units just aren't cutting it at this point! Oh my.

So, yesterday afternoon, to escape this heat, I took a trip to Walmart. I had a few things in-mind to buy, but really I just went there to spend time in a cool place. Naturally, when I came across a 2 pound carton of strawberries for $2.30, I decided to snatch them up! I found a recipe for Italian Ice on foodnetwork.com and wanted to share. It's so refreshing and is a pretty healthy option when trying to beat the heat. Here ya go!


Italian Ice:
3 cups halved strawberries or chopped pineapple
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 cups ice


-Blend the fruit, sugar, honey, and lemon juice with 2 cups ice in a food processor until chunky. Add the other cup of ice and blend until completely smooth.

-Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and freeze. I used a 10x10 baking dish. Freeze for 30 minutes, then scrape ice with a fork until slushy. Place back in the freezer and freeze until firm (about 2 more hours). Scoop into paper cups....


Enjoy! Hope you have a less humid and hot day than we do...

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I tried this tonight for dessert. I really enjoyed the recipe. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it Laura!

    ReplyDelete