Pages

11.16.2010

Random....

A dear friend recently encouraged me to blog more, so I will. But I warn you, this post is random and has no theme at all. Enjoy :)

1. Two weeks ago, Heath and I attended a marriage seminar in Seaside, OR. Overall, it was a great getaway and really encouraged us to keep growing and learning more about each other. We stayed for the whole six hour seminar (which was a bit lengthy if you ask me), and were then awarded with a free hotel stay by the beach. Not too shabby, eh? Anyway, there was a swing set on the beach...

swings

2. Two weeks before that trip, we visited Seaside with Jared and Michaela. We played lots of games and enjoyed exploring the city. I really just wanted to share what Heath's hair looks like in 60mph winds...

heaths hair

Made him five inches taller I tell you! (He just got his haircut yesterday and looks very handsome. smile)

3. The birds were on attack at the beach. At first, they followed us and we thought it was funny... it wasn't funny after 10 minutes. Katie Buckel, I'm pretty sure you would have passed out.

attack bird

4. I love Trader Joe's! We have one about 5 minutes from our house and I visit it often. It's not a place for staple grocery items, but I buy my meat and specialty things there for sure. They also have the most beautiful, afforable flowers! I purchased this lovely bouquet for $4.99 a few weeks ago.

trader joes flowers

5. I've had a good week in Etsy sales. One of my magazine inserts was featured on the Etsy email last Friday, and by Saturday, I sold all of the files I had! Wonderful, but I wish I had more in stock now. (If you have been hanging on to any magazine inserts, I'd love to take them off your hands!) Anyway, I am now the proud owner of lots of these beautiful rose buds... they are small and adorn the ear beautifully. These would be lovely stocking stuffers. :)

cabochons

6. I like to go for walks around our apartment complex. After long days of job searching online and crafting in the living room, it's nice to enjoy a little sunshine when I can. This is what our road looked like two weeks ago. The cold front brought wind and ran, so the leaves now blanket the ground.

our hood

7. And this was the tree next to our door. I loved looking up and seeing this vibrant red. I'm already looking forward to seeing the colors change next year.

red leaves

8. I am proud to say that I have completed all of our christmas shopping. (We are celebrating Christmas with my family during Thanksgiving this year and I am so excited to be in Franklin again!) I suggest that you start your Christmas shopping as well. Shoppers tend to be more anxious and crabby during the holiday season, so finish it before you're stressed like the rest of them!

9. I love Heath. He's my best friend, and I'm glad I can share this journey with him. It's been fun.

Okay, that's all I have. Hope to see you soon.

3 comments:

  1. This was my favorite post ever. And heath's hair... woo! Haha, love you. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I loved reading this one, Katie Claire! So good to see what you guys are up to :-) I am ENVIOUS of those leaves! My gosh! We are finally getting some Fall-ish weather around here... the high today is 76, hahaha. Oh, Texas....

    Well, I must go get ready for school. Boo.

    Love you, sweet friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful there!!!! It sounds like y'all are doing well! And just so you know, Justin actually laughed out loud last night when he saw your picture of Heath's hair. :)

    ReplyDelete